History of Stanwood House

Stanwood House was built between 1900 and 1908 by Sven Thompson, who owned the General Store next door. It is a lovely example of Colonial Revival style which was popular at the time. The old building has been restored and retains the feeling of a stately home with fir floors, picture frame molding, and glass pane doors. Two adjacent buildings, designed by Dan Nelson, house a ceramic studio. Over the years we have met many people who have a connection to this house, including descendants of the Thompsons. Also, in the 60's and 70's the home served as the home and studio of Mrs. Truesdale, who gave art lessons.

We are on the annual Stanwood Camano Historic Sites Tour – September 20-21, 2019





4th of July Parade past Stanwood House



pictures are hung from the original picture frame moulding.